The word of God is the will of God.
There is nothing that is impossible with God.
- For with God nothing shall be impossible.
Our situation in the natural may seem impossible.
God does work through people sometimes, however God blessed get the glory.
We truly must believe that what God said he will do despite what the natural circumstances appear and dictate.
We must take God at his word and walk by faith and not by sight.
Our circumstances may be contrary to the word of God.
- Physical evidence: tumors, pain,
- Financial evidence: not being able to pay bills, lack of job
- Circumstantial evidence: i.e. relationships, problems on the job
2 Corinthians 5:7
- (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
There are times in our life that might appear contrary to the word of God.
However, this is where we must walk by faith. Trusting God that he’s going to do what he said he’s going to do.
- Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
- But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
It’s impossible to please God without faith, and Romans 8:8 says those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
So, by comparing these scriptures, we see that those who are in the flesh are not in faith.
Faith in Jesus is what pleases God.
If we have faith in Jesus, and God is pleased with us with the basis of what Jesus has done and not what we do.
It’s imperative that we understand that faith is believing that God is: an not that he was.
We must have the understanding that when we seek the Lord, we know that God rewards us.
Believing that God can do something, but not believing that he will do it is not faith.
Therefore, it’s so important that our mind is renewed to the word of God.
Now I want to take a look at some things from the word of God in regards to healing.
- Healing has been provided for me, I need to reach out and take what God and Jesus really gave to me.
- Jesus never refused to heal one single person.
- Often people ask and believe in the spiritual ramp, then check their symptoms and the physical around – this only leads to doubt. The Bible says we walk by faith and not by sight.
- Sickness is not God’s will for you. It’s good for you to be well and bad for you to be sick.
- We must submit to God’s word and resist the devil and the devil will flee from us.
For us to walk in healing, we must know beyond any shadow of doubt that it is God’s will for us to walk in healing.
1 John 5:14 – 15
- And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
- And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
Let’s break down verse 14.
The only reason people don’t ask God for his help is because they are not confident that they will receive the help that they have asked for.
What is God’s will?
- The word of God is the will of God.
- God is not a respecter of persons.
I think there would be no argument that if somebody told us that if they ask God to save them, God is not going to say no.
How would we respond to that?
When we pray the word of God we know that were asking in agreement with the word, we can be assured that God has heard us.
Now let’s break down verse 15.
God hearing is dependent on our prayers being ordered according to God’s will.
When we are praying and what are we speaking?
- Are we saying God what God perfect will?
- Are we begging God?
- Our faith is a positive response to what God has already accomplished.
- Faith only appropriates what God has already provided through grace.
Romans 10:9 – 10
- That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
- For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Personally, I think the greatest miracle in the word of God is salvation.
Most people believe what their experiences tell them more than what the word of God tells them. They always contradict themselves. But we truly must believe God’s word over personal experiences.
You have two believe you received when you pray, and then there shall be a future manifestation.
- Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
Asking in the New Testament is not pleading with the Lord to do something for us, but simply as a way receive what God has already done for us, we can’t make him do it.
In a sense it’s agreement with what God is already provided for us and all were doing is taken ownership of that what we have believe God for.
When we pray, we must believe that moment that God has heard us and that he is moving mightily. It may be today that we see it in the natural order may be tomorrow or next week, but God’s perfect timing is so important for us to receive from God.
The moment you pray and believe God for healing, you’ve got to believe at that moment that Jesus has healed you, and then there shall be a manifestation.
There is a link between the level of your soul’s prosperity and the level of your health.
- Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
This is such a great truth, and what a great insight is into the heart of God, who inspired this.
God wants us prosperous and well.
If you notice that this prosperity happens as our souls prosper.
We cannot prosper outwardly if we aren’t prospering inwardly.
Are we confident inside ourselves?
Has the heart of God changed our life and is it evident by what we are speaking?
I’m reminded in the Scriptures of this tremendous verse.
- For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.
Regardless of what is happening in our bodies are our circumstances, if we can think and believe strong enough, everything can and will change if we take God at his word.
Conversely, if the situations in our lives are changing for the better, then we truly have not seen it on the inside of our imaginations.
We have to see it on the inside before we see it on the outside.