We can know the word of God and still not receive God’s best.
Here are some common scriptures we might believe from the word of God.
1 Peter 5:7
- Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
- But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
1 John 5:14-15
- And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
- And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
God wants to be a part of our life more than just meeting our need, casting our care and the confidence of giving us what we ask of him.
A relationship with God is a partnership.
The most important relationship that you and I have is our relationship with God.
We will be aware of God’s voice the more time we spend with him.
Knowing the word of God is essential; however, is there anything that might be missing from our life in receiving from God?
The greatest trait a believer must practice today is walking in the love of God.
- Trait means mannerism, attribute, characteristic, quality, and feature.
A believer walking in the love of God will not be somebody who is touchy and always thinks of themselves.
- Are we touchy?
A touchy person is sensitive, quick-tempered, impatient, grumpy, moody, cranky, and irritable.
Do we know anyone like that?
- This could be us at one time.
- When someone has these negative traits, they could be dealt something in their life that was beyond their control.
God wants us to change our attitude and perspective if we are that person.
If we only think of ourselves, we are selfish.
Selfish: self-centered, egoïstic.
Egotistic meaning: 1. considering yourself better or more important than others.
One of the things about life that I have learned is that we all need the grace of God.
We are equal in God’s eyes.
A believer who walks in the love of God will have genuine forgiveness for those who have harmed or done something to hurt them.
What do I mean by hurt?
This could be along the lines of being upset, offended, wounded, injured, or damaged.
How many of us have been there or are there now?
- When you are damaged, you are broken.
- You are beat up.
Is there anyone tired of feeling beat up?
We cannot let past pain and experiences dictate our future.
We need to learn from our past.
The good and the bad.
The wrong people have done to us is a memory that must be dealt with.
We cannot ignore the facts.
Today, we are taught that we must stand up for ourselves at all costs.
- Do we forgive quickly?
- Do we look at others through the eyes of God?
- Do we bring up past hurts?
We must be honest with ourselves and God regarding the love of God and forgiveness.
Each day, we are presented with opportunities to put into practice the love of God.
People will disappoint you and let you down.
- Sometimes, our expectations of others are unrealistic.
- People cannot give you what they don’t have.
- Sometimes, people don’t even know what you need.
However, this is why we must depend upon God and know that he is our source and all-sufficient.
Why do we struggle sometimes to forgive others?
Forgiveness is a choice.
- Forgiveness can be more for us than others.
Some of it could be pride or the hurt and pain done to us; we can’t see the plans of God.
If we are not walking and practicing the love of God and forgiveness in our lives, we will hinder ourselves and others.
There are so many versions of love today in the world.
- I love my dog.
- I love my wife.
- I love apple pie.
- I love my job.
- I love my life.
- I love God.
What is the author of love?
The love of God is real.
1 John 4:7
- Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
The Living Bible Version
7 Dear friends, let us practice loving each other, for love comes from God and those who are loving and kind show that they are the children of God, and that they are getting to know him better.
God gives us choices.
Everyone who operates in God’s kind of love “is born of God, and knoweth God.”
They have to be because God’s love only comes from God.
- Everything else is a cheap imitation.
The only way to know the love of God is to spend time with God.
The more time we spend with God, the more we will see how much he loves us and wants us to spread his love to others.
- Spending time with God takes commitment and dedication.
When you commit to something, you make a promise, oath, guarantee, declaration, or pledge.
- This is the attitude that God wants us to make to him.