Walking in the Love of God
When we become a believer, our heart changes.
- What changes does this mean?
- Our attitude changes.
- Our outlook on life changes
A believer in the Lord Jesus Christ should have certain traits.
This list is not inclusive.
- Walking in the Love of God.
- Forgiveness to others
Jesus talked much about the love of God.
34. A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Jesus repeated this command this very night in John 15:12.
12. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Following this one command will fulfill all the righteousness of the Old Testament commandments (Matthew 22:36-40).
37. Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38. This is the first and great commandment.
39. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
The key is to Love God first.
1 John 4:19
19. We love him, because he first loved us.
- What a profound truth.
- We didn’t love God first;
- He loved us while we were completely unlovely (Romans 5:8).
8. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- And it’s because of His unsolicited love for us first that we love Him.
- Therefore, to preach that we must love God first and then the Lord will respond to our acts of love violates everything in this verse and what the Gospel teaches.
- So, holiness isn’t a necessity for relationship with God but rather a result of relationship with the Lord.
God loves us right where we are.
- At out worse God loved us.
For us to love others then way a believer should takes a revelation of Gods love for us.